|Chickasaw Freedman Card#1306 rear|
- Should the children be enrolled as Choctaw by blood?
- Would the children receive three hundred and twenty acres of land as opposed to the forty freedmen received?
- Was James’ wife entitled to be enrolled as an intermarried citizen? For an Indian with children by a white woman the answer was clear, she and her children would be enrolled as Choctaw citizens by blood.
|Choctaw by Blood M1301#1545 p7|
|Choctaw Freedman Card#1213 rear|
|Choctaw Freedman Card#1213 front|
|Choctaw Freedman M1301# 1213 p3|
|M 1301 Choctaw by Blood#1545 p2|
- Naturally the question becomes is this one of Julia’s sons?
- Was he enrolled as a citizen by blood or was he a freedman?
- Dan and Lorenzo have the same father so they both should be considered “Choctaws by Blood?”
- You probably know where I’m going with this but bear with me…
- If Dan was mentioned in his father’s Dawes file, he should have a file of his own, right?
|Choctaw by Blood # 5371|
|M1301 Choctaw by Blood 5371 p3|
|M1301 Choctaw by Blood#5371 p5|
12 Record of Service Dan Russell NARA National Archives Identifier: 301365