|Nathaniel W. LIGON|
|Military Registration Card June 5, 1917 Nathaniel W. LIGON|
|Certificate of Marriage Nat LIGON & Alberta GUNN|
|1910 US Census Akers Township, Carter County, Oklahoma ED 35 p14B|
|Marriage License N.W. LIGON & Martha HARRIS|
- Information about his service is revealed that will allow for research into his military record as a Sargent in Company G of the 809th Pioneer, Infantry.
- The date of Nathaniel’s enlistment was given as July 18, 1918
- His Honorable discharge date was August 4, 1919
- His sister Gladys is named as the person to whom the headstone was shipped
- The date of his death is indicated as November 21, 1935
- The name of the cemetery at the time was given as Murray in Woodford, Oklahoma.
- Gladys was still living in Newport, Oklahoma as of March 27, 1936 when she made the request for the headstone and she had married someone with the surname of ANDERSON.
|Application for Headstone|
|List of Passengers USS Sierra|
|USS Sierra Transport Ship circa 1918-1919|
|1930 Census Oklahoma Carter County, Ardmore ED 09|
|Nathaniel W. LIGON Hickory Colored Cemetery, Carter County, Oklahoma|